Answered By: Jeff Purdue Last Updated: Jan 14, 2016 Views: 43
- Acquisitions/ILL budgets are combined into one overall budget
- All databases/subscriptions are purchased from a single fund within the overall budget
- The fund within the overall budget for firm orders (single item purchases such as books and media) is apportioned at the college level
- A third fund within the overall budget is devoted to “access” – interlibrary loan, document delivery, emergency purchases, emergent needs
- Budget model is reviewed and adjusted on a biennial basis
- Funds are leveraged through cooperative purchases and initiatives with the Orbis Cascade Alliance and Cooperative Library Project consortium groups
This new acquisitions funding model will promote more efficient use of constrained funds, meet user needs more effectively during changing times, and provide the necessary flexibility to address the challenges of today’s information and research environment.