Answered By: Gabe Gossett
Last Updated: Aug 08, 2016     Views: 148

In order to get a guest scholar pass you should be an actively enrolled student at another institution or instructor at another higher education institution. For basic internet access we prefer to offer one hour passes on our community computers (requires a form of photo ID). Guest scholar passes are intended for student and faculty from other institutions doing specialized research in the Western Libraries and are only given in-person.  

In order to get a guest scholar pass please present your student or faculty photo identification and briefly describe why you would like a pass at the Circulation Desk OR in the Research & Writing Studio in Haggard Hall. Guest scholar passes are distributed at the discretion of library staff and cannot be issued by student employees. To ensure you can get a pass from one of the staff present please call in advance. 

What a guest scholar pass provides:

  • Ability to log in to lab computers
  • Wifi access
  • Access to databases
  • Access to ebooks

Live Chat

Get Help