Answered By: Gabe Gossett Last Updated: Jan 14, 2016 Views: 33944
For details on how to cite technical and research reports look under section 7.03 in the APA Publication Manual, starting on page 205.
Basic reference list format for a print report
AuthorLastName, A. B. (Year). Title (Report No. #). Location: PublisherName.
Basic reference list format for an online report
AuthorLastName, A. B. (Year). Title (Report No. #). Retrieved from [Insert Organization Name and URL for the report]
- If there is a name of a person listed as an author, list them as the author for your in-text and reference list citations. When there is not author listed use the organization name as a corporate author.
- If the organization that published the report issued a number be sure to include that in parentheses right after the title.
- Technical and research reports might not be peer-reviewed. If you require peer-reviewed sources use reports with caution.
- what do you do if there are multiple authors etc?
- For multiple authors uses the same convention you would use with other citations. List all of the authors by last name and initials using an & symbol.
For example: Ramirez, Z. A., Jones, B. C., & Smith, D. C.
If no people are listed as authors use the organization as author.
- How do I cite a research paper with no authors but to organizing parties? There are over one hundred authors.
- If you have a source with seven or more authors you list the first six followed by an ellipses (...) and the last author.
Like this (the formatting in this example is off):
Lein, E. S., Hawrylycz, M. J., Ao, N., Ayres, M., Bensinger, A.,
Bernard, A., . . . Jones, A. R. (2007). Genome-wide
atlas of gene expression in the adult mouse brain. Nature, 445
(7124), 168-176. doi:10.1038/nature05453
Note: The first six authors are listed; all subsequent authors except the last are omitted and replaced with an ellipsis; then list name of the last author.
In-text example: (Lein et al., 2007)
As for an example using two organizing parties in addition to the 100+ authors, I'm not sure I understand. If you want more assistance, you can use the chat option (http://askus.library.wwu.edu/) to get direct help. More APA citation examples can be found here: http://libguides.wwu.edu/ld.php?content_id=18901398.