Answered By: Gabe [Research & Writing Studio] Last Updated: Aug 26, 2018 Views: 266
Western Libraries has a fast growing collection of eBooks available to Western students and faculty. Almost all of the eBooks can be downloaded temporarily for offline reading and are available no matter how many users have "checked out" a copy.
How to find and access eBooks step-by-step:
- Starting from the Libraries homepage or Libraries tab in MyWestern, find the link to "Advanced Search" just under the OneSearch box
- Click on the WWU tab, since eBooks from Summit partner libraries are not accessible
- In the "Format" drop down menu select "eBooks". The image below is an example of what the Advanced Search screen will be like with the eBook format selected
- Enter your search terms and click Search
- On the results page, click "Access Options" and follow the links to the eBook
See the below video or use the following link to see how to find and access eBooks.