Answered By: Gabe Gossett Last Updated: May 11, 2016 Views: 187
Western Libraries has a fast growing collection of ebooks available to Western students and faculty. Almost all of the ebooks can be downloaded temporarily for offline reading and are available no matter how many users have "checked out" a copy.
How to find and access ebooks step by step:
- Start at the Western Libraries homepage.
- Do a keyword search in OneSearch
- On the left side of the screen look for the "Resource Type" links in the "Refine My Results" area. If you don't see "Books & E-Books" click on "More options" to bring it up and select it.
- You now should only have book results. Click on "Available Online" to limited the results to only ebooks.
- Click "View It" for access links and use those to get to the book.
- Many books will require you to log on with your MyWestern account information for access. Government documents and open access books will not.
See the screenshots below for a visual step-by-step description. Or click here for a descriptive video.
Most WWU ebooks come through service called EBL. The following steps are for that ebook platform. Some other books will be through other platforms, but these steps do not apply to those services.
Step 6 (for most books)
Step by step descriptive video